Page titles

Saturday 8 November 2014

Getting things done :-)

I was about to blog about productivity and the irony is that it has just taken me about half an hour to get this laptop to work well enough to be able to start to write! :-)

My Husband just made a valid point; sometimes technology is just too advanced - and then gets in the way of itself when it tries to be too clever!  Either way, it got the better of me!  But, phew - it's working now :-)

So I started the evening with a little girl still awake but running in and out of Daddy's gym - which was actually the perfect scenario for me because it meant that she was having a great time; Daddy and her were spending time together (which if you knew my little girl you'd know she really likes to be with Mummy!), & I was able to crack on with some work :-)  I had a sudden creative spurt; scissors out, bits of fabric everywhere and fingers covered in glue and sawdust! This is some of what I came up with:



You can't really see in this photo but the bottom left block is really unusual.  We had a plank of wood that had split and Mum thought we wouldn't be able to make use of it.  We managed to snap it in several places and it split really beautifully to leave us with 4 or 5 unique pieces to work with.  Actually let me take some shots of one of them......





I could see this one as a snowy Winter scene straight away...with trees and I wanted it to be fairly muted.  We found this lovely muted green fabric in a local shop, with tiny bits of red in it - you can see it above in the first photo.  It reminds me a little of the liberty prints.  We've not used it much so far but I knew it would be perfect teamed with a neutral star print.  I've only got as far as painting the snow in - before I got the urge to pack up for the night and write this ;-) 

So my productivity definitely comes in waves......and when I get that inspiration I just have to go with it and see where it takes me.  Which I kind of like - that trust in your intuition - it's very liberating and exciting to see what comes out of it :-)

Gemma xx




No comments:

Post a Comment