Page titles

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Getting back to my roots

Some days I just want to create.   Things start to flow, ideas emerge from seemingly nowhere and magic happens.   I like days iike this :)

But they don't come to order And sometimes days or even weeks will pass when it's hard to remember what it felt like to be creatively inspired........... You too?

Yesterday I was having one of those days - the urge to paint was strong but I felt creatively blocked and lacking inspiration.   What to do?  

Desperate to do something I decided to play around with some old canvases - simply to tap into the freedom and joy of creating and,  of course, having fun! (You can see the result below :) ). 



An hour later, I felt much happier and as though I had achieved something - even if that was just reworking paintings that were gathering dust under my bed!   Back to my roots, paints and some yummy acrylic texture paste to bring old memories to life on the canvas.

The joy of creating.......simply heaven! 

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment