Page titles

Saturday 26 April 2014

Tonight I've been working on...

...this commission for a customer :-) 

 
 
It needs a bit more work yet and then we'll be stamping some words in the bottom right hand corner.  It's been ages since I've worked on anything so small; this one is 7" x 5" and is proving quite a challenge - but in a nice way :-) 
 
I have always loved the look of paint on a palette - all the colours merging and the textures differing from one another.  The main colours I'm using for this piece are Phthalo blue, Cerulean blue, Viridian green and naples yellow. We're going for that tropical, turquoise water that can only be found in paradise :-))  I have been lucky enough to visit paradise a few times and the water really, truly does look like it does in all the brochures <3
 
I've always loved to paint - Mum does too - I probably get my love for it from seeing her paint when I was younger.  I enjoyed art at school but could never be quite free enough.  It was probably something for me that had to come with age and in my early 20s I found my way a little more and used art as a way of relaxing :-)
 
We've recently had a few more requests for paintings which is lovely - and it's always nice to have varied work, whether it be sewing, painting or woodwork cutting all of our signs!  That's what's so great about creativity - it never gets boring or dull, it's a never ending cycle of possibilities and that's what makes The Seashack so exciting for us <3 <3 <3
 
Gemma x

Follow us on Facebook
Tweet us @_theseashack
Be inspired on Pinterest
Shop with us on Etsy
Email us - theseashack@hotmail.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment