Page titles

Monday 5 May 2014

I love a bank holiday weekend...

...and an ordinary weekend really :-)  I love them because we tend not to really do anything!  I used to feel sad that we weren't making the most of the weekend like I saw friends doing - getting out, visiting attractions, giving their children experiences. But recently I've realised that just being together here as a family is our kind of fun - it's what is most often good for us and relaxing too. 

As much as the times we do go out are fun, they can be a strain on everyone and more often than not, for the kids.  They are so young and trying to deal with hunger/tiredness/generally the outside world can be overwhelming for them.  As can trying to get them to conform to society's expectations - i.e. sitting down for a period of time for lunch in a restaurant! 

At home we are all very relaxed and I truly believe happy parents = happy children. (And a happy Mummy is more often one that is relaxed and in the flow and enjoying her sewing/painting!)  It is the times together I will remember; just being ourselves <3

Gemma x

Find us on Facebook
Tweet us @_theseashack
Be inspired on Pinterest
Shop with us on Etsy
Email us - we'd love to chat :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment