Page titles

Sunday 6 July 2014

Looking at the bigger picture

Yesterday one of our lovely customers posted a response to a status Mum put up on our Facebook page - it really made me smile :-D It was our morning #5gratefulthings post and yesterday it was Mum's turn to reflect on the things she was feeling grateful for.

It got me thinking about gratitude - it's something I've practiced ever since Mum introduced me to The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I've gone on to read all the books in the series and I'm currently re-reading The Magic. I've always loved a self-help / personal growth book! My Hubby used to call them 'Crazy books'!! ;-)

The Secret really stuck with me and I identified with a lot of the thinking around it and that's when I became interested in the Law of Attraction; we attract what we think about. Mum is on the same wavelength so you can imagine how many chats we've had about this! The gratitude stuff forms a big part of the thinking here; saying thank you for things you already have, or experiences you're hoping to bring in. It's all about the *feeling*.

One of the things I try to do in all situations is find the positive. Let's face it, we all have rubbish days now and then...or a day when things seem to be going wrong or something disappointing happens. The key is more how you react to whatever happens. The situation remains the same either way - but you can choose to be angry or feel sad, or to find the light in a situation (however small it seems); to accept things and then move on.

And the example I gave at the beginning of this post was exactly this. The lady in question discovered her favourite pair of flip flops had broken. Instead of letting it dull her day she decided to choose gratitude; she felt grateful that they had broken at home rather than when out! It's just a little change of perspective like this that can change your whole mood. And the reason it made me especially smile? Well if we can in any way inspire someone to look at a situation in this way then it is completely worth all the hours we spend on our business! <3

Happy Sunday!

Gemma x

Follow us on Facebook
Tweet us @_theseashack
Be inspired on Pinterest
Shop with us on Etsy
Email us - theseashack@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment