Page titles

Monday 21 July 2014

Hiding with Oreos!

It's been one of those days where I want to hide in the kitchen eating Oreos! (Or Oreo cupcakes in this instance.)

Except we're open-plan. So the Utility Room will have to do :-)

I'm not really sure what I want to hide from......but it'll involve getting something or doing something......and I might be running a little low on getting and doing today!

Any parent will know how all-consuming some days can be; these little people are trying to cope and grow in this big world and at times they are struggling. They need us <3 I wrestle with guilt on days like this - because I really don't like feeling overwhelmed - I want to be able to manage how I do most days - with love and patience. I wonder am I giving them enough opportunities? Am I appreciating this moment? Am I just overthinking everything?! (Cue more overthinking.)

At times I wonder how much more carrying my arms can take; if my feet will ever repair from all the running around; & today if I can 'keep calm and carry on' :-) (I'll add here I'm really not keen on the whole 'keep calm' thing - why supress emotions?)

I saw something written by someone on a forum today; she said "The only battles are the ones you fight" & it has stuck in my head - perhaps because I'm usually a 'go with the flow' kind of girl.

So today I'm not fighting it, I'm eating the cupcakes (yum - from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World!) & I'm being as patient as I can and looking ahead to tonight when I can spend time on myself and renew those batteries. I'm so grateful for having these 2 little people in my life and experiences such as today only help me grow more. They are my teachers :-) Tomorrow is another day & I'm strong - my arms and legs can take far more yet!

Gemma x

N.b.

Halfway through writing this (because naturally you can never complete a whole task in one go!), what popped up in my Facebook newsfeed? A very powerful synchronicity if I do say so - a post from the ever level-headed Hollie Holden. Hollie describes parenthood as a strike of balance and she is so right. Today it's ok that my scales were swaying a little the other way. Perhaps tomorrow they'll tip this way a bit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment