Page titles

Sunday 22 June 2014

When inspiration strikes......

Why is it that inspiration strikes often at the most inconvenient times?!

I'm always getting ideas as I'm driving and there's no where to stop to write then down. By the time I can pull in somewhere the thought has passed and I'm left wondering where that idea has wandered off to - maybe to a host who has a pen and paper at the ready to catch it, note it down and create it!

Inspiration also strikes me late at night (it's 12.24 am as I write!) and sometimes wakes me up at 3 am so I always have notepad and pen by the side of my bed!

I believe inspiration is there all the time, waiting for us to tap into it and what prevents us is our busy scattered minds, leaving it impossible for inspiration to come through - which is why we suddenly get glimpses when we are not expecting it. It's as though the universe is whispering to us - 'finally,  I get your attention' !

Here are my night time meanderings from yesterday.............

Shirley x

4 comments:

  1. This happens to me all the time! An idea comes to me, a little flash of brilliance, then poof, it's gone like a word on a breeze... I need to start carrying a notebook :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Alexandra, I carry a notebook everywhere - Costa's seems to be a particularly good place where ideas come to me! x

      Delete
  2. I hear you! I carry a pen & notebook everywhere, but sometimes I still can't get my thoughts down fast enough! I do some of my best thinking when I'm up in the wee hours with my new baby.
    http://winterthorne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do exactly the same with my notebook (and not just any old notebook it has to be a 'special' one from somewhere like Paperchase!). Ah, with a new baby you must get plenty of opportunity for those night time thoughts!

      Delete