Page titles

Friday 6 June 2014

Keeping things simple

I've been trying to simplify my life for quite a while now to minimise the effect of the chaos I see around me.

Chaos from the stuff I have, chaos in my thoughts and chaos I see in other people and the world around me.

Chaos is addictive, fuelled by adrenaline and we get stuck in a cycle of habitual thinking and behaviour patterns.  It's familiar and comforting.

Life is so chaotic sometimes I find it quite overwhelming - and that's not a good way to feel.  It's hard to settle on anything.  There are so many things I want to do, so little time (it seems)...I start this.....I pick up that......there's an incompleteness to the projects I've started - only finishing that which has to be done, and usually under pressure.  More chaos.  Are you seeing where I'm coming from?!

Time for a new mantra - keep things simple.

Out with the constant overthinking, making mountains out of molehills, analysing the 'what ifs' and 'whys' and making things so much more difficult than they need to be. 

Sometimes I think the more choices we have in life the harder life gets.  Keep things simple.

Over the last 4 years there've been some changes in my life.  I've simplified my diet, changed my work and I'm following my heart The Seashack and my holistic therapy practice) - I organise what I do and how I do it.

As well as having some control over my work/life balance I'm finding the key to simplifying my life is to live in the now, to be mindful, consciously aware of how I'm living.  It's not easy to break lifelong habits but little by little I am spending more time in the now and it's a great place to be.  This is a work in progress!

Shirley x

Follow us on Facebook
Tweet us @_theseashack
Be inspired on Pinterest
Shop with us on Etsy
Email us - theseashack@hotmail.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment