Page titles

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Cumbrian crafts

I'm on holiday in Cumbria at the moment and taking advantage of the wonderful craft scene here.

Any chance to feel inspired by the vast selection of different crafts and art work on display!
Not to mention the outstanding scenery :)
 
I came across Lanercost Priory, dating back to the 12th century AD and built from stones from nearby Hadrian's wall.  The crafts exhibition was held in Dacre Hall, attached to the Priory which is the oldest village hall in England - beautiful oak beams and aging brickwork added a rustic feel to the variety of work on display.
 



I was inspired by some gorgeous flowery watercolour paintings (by the talented Christina Hargraves)and magnificent felted pictures (by the equally talented Pamela Harrington)  as well as some quirky prints with funny and inspiring quotes (by Denise Huddleston from The Cuckoo Tree )  -  definitely The Seashack's cup of tea!

I have lots of ideas to bring back to 'The Shack' and hopefully develop into new products we hope you will love!

I love exploring other people's work and trying to understand how they see the world around them and how that might differ from my perspective.  One thing's for sure, it's definitely made me feel I want to spend more time sketching and painting so I will just have to somehow create more time for this in my busy life :)

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment