Page titles

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Your story

I thought I'd do my 5 grateful things a bit differently today :-) I have been trying to write them since this morning but life happened, as it does, and here I am at 9.35pm writing this! It's the taking life as it comes that I always aspire to...keeping things simple and not getting stressed by little things that will be forgotten as quickly as they appear. Of course it's easier said than done; sometimes it works, some days it definitely doesn't!

I started the day with a bunch of wood that we've cut.


We've been upcycling wood to make signs with four around 6 months now and we've finally come to the end of this current batch.  This is the remainder of it which will mostly be made in to mini signs.  The great thing about using up all the wood is it's a chance to work on new designs!

The rest of the day was filled with empty kitchen cupboards / painting / Mr spider / friends / the park / feeding swans / Sainsbury's / sword fighting / unsettled small person.  My life is varied ;-) My 5 grateful things are probably very different to what they would have been if I'd managed to post them this morning. I like to give thanks in that moment; that's what it's all about :-) So here are 5 things I'm grateful for right now:

1. If you follow our Facebook page you'll know about my terrifying encounter with a spider at the Seashack today! Well my Husband found it and it's left the building!! I am very grateful and now can relax knowing it's no longer under the dishwasher!

2. I'm grateful to the Great British Bake Off for inspiring me to bake again :-) I always eat too much mixture and they never turn out how they are supposed to but I give it a go! (This is my hideous attempt at a swiss roll!! In progress but not going so well!)


3. I'm always thankful for my health - and the health of my family too. There is nothing that cannot be achieved, no restraints or worries - the world is ours for the taking <3

4. I'm grateful to be able to be here for my Daughter who is struggling tonight - I think with teething. It's comforting to know I'm helping her in some small way.


5. My comfy bed - I think I'm going to need it very soon!

I thought I'd end with some words that have been in my head this evening; 'Only you can write your own story'.


I love it; it feels so empowering to know we are each in control of our story; our life; our own journey. How we choose to face each day & how we deal with life's little hurdles. What will your story say about you?

Gemma x

No comments:

Post a Comment